A hot party always starts with delicious cocktails
Great cocktail recipes to share with your fave bachelorettes!
Sometimes when enjoying a delicious cocktail, the amount of alcohol can be disguised by the sweetness of the drink. If you are not a professional bartender, you may inadvertently make your drinks far more potent than you responsibly should. It is always a wise to follow the suggested allotments in the recipes to keep the drinks tasty and to keep the bachelorettes safe!
Tools you will need to make great cocktails – all can be found at HomeWetBar.com
- You will need plenty of ice, for making the cocktails and serving the cocktails.
- Vodka is a good base spirit to start with. There are many flavored vodkas that make fantastic cocktails, lemon and orange flavored vodka are most commonly used.
- Garnishes: Lemons, limes, maraschino cherries are always great garnishes and you can use them in almost any drink.
- You should have a “jigger,” this is what professional bartenders use to measure alcohol. If you do not have a jigger, a standard shot glass can be substituted for a jigger. A standard shot glass will give you a 1 oz pour.
- A cocktail “shaker” is a good tool to have for making cocktails. This makes it easier to make a martini or any drink that needs to be shaken.
- A cocktail “strainer” is helpful for pouring the beverages from the shaker into the glassware.
- Another tool is a “muddler,” it is a wooden mallet- like item that is used for muddling, or smashing, fruit.
Delicious and fun cocktail recipes:
Chocolate Martini - always a huge hit with everyone 2 oz Stoli Vanil ½ oz Godiva Chocolate liqueur ½ oz White Godiva white chocolate liqueur Splash of heavy cream (to make it more decadent) Chocolate syrup lined rim or chocolate syrup lined martini glass Shake in cocktail shaker with ice and pour into the chocolate lined martini glass. Garnish with a strawberry.
Apple Martini – always a sweet & sour treat 2 oz Stoli Citros 1 oz apple liqueur or Apple Pucker 1 oz pineapple juice 1 oz sour mix or lime juice Shake in a cocktail shaker with ice and pour into a chilled martini glass. Garnish with a thinly sliced apple OR a cherry.
Creamsicle – tastes just like you remember 1 oz Stoli Vanil 1 oz Stoli Ohranj 3 oz orange juice 1.5 oz cream Shake in cocktail shaker with ice, mix very well but don’t shake it too hard. Pour into a chilled martini glass and garnish with an orange slice.
Cosmopolitan – a classic never goes out of style 2 oz Stoli Citros 1 oz triple sec OR Cointreau ½ oz fresh lime juice 1.5 oz cranberry juice Shake in a cocktail shaker with ice and pour into chilled martini glass. Garnish with a lemon twist. You know you’ve mixed your Cosmo correctly if the cocktail is light pink when served in the glass. If it is too dark, add a splash of lime juice.
The Modern Margarita
Margarita – how can you say “no” to a Margarita? 2 oz Tequila 1 oz triple sec (substitute Blue Curacao for an “electric blue” margarita) 1 oz fresh lemon juice 1 oz fresh lime juice You can substitute margarita mix for the fresh lemon & lime juice but the fresh stuff always tastes better
The modern Margarita can be served in many ways: Blended with ice for a frozen margarita On the rocks with a salt rim Chilled in a cocktail shaker with ice strained and poured into a chilled martini glass or an extra large margarita glass.
Margaritas have been around a long time but there are many Margarita variations for you bachelorettes to enjoy. You can find many flavors to add to your margarita in a liquor store OR you can muddle some fruit and make your own. Here are some suggestions: Pear, Mango, Kiwi, Peach, Watermelon or Strawberries make for yummy margaritas. Just add about 1-1.5 oz, about 2 tablespoons, of pureed fruit or syrup depending on how sweet you like your cocktail.
Remember: All great parties start and end with Champagne (sparkling wine can be used as a substitute). See the separate section on Champagne by clicking HERE.