How to budget for a bachelorette party
What to consider when budgeting for your bachelorette party
Budgeting for a bachelorette party can be a difficult, especially if your friends and family have varying budgets. Although this is your day, you want to be considerate of everyone’s needs, you don’t want to leave anyone out, you want to be sure that your guests do not go broke trying to show you a good time.
Getting started with your party budget
- Start with an online tool like Mint.com – for simple budgeting and planning!
- List ALL the items you need: food, entertainment, venue, decorations, transportation, etc.
- Call at least two vendors for each item and get a quote, you will likely have high and lower options
- Put a price tag (high and low) on each item
- Determine which of the vendors, or items, are your “must have” bachelorette party items
- Total the prices all of the items in three lists: high, low and must-have
- Now, take a look at these three lists as a whole and determine your bottom line for your high, low and must-have lists
- Ask your guests what they’re comfortable spending for your bachelorette party
- Your guests will likely have different budgets, take the average from the guests you surveyed
- Let’s say your average number comes to $60 – multiply that by the realistic number of guests who will be in attendance
- Throw in any additional funds you may have: you, your fiancee, your maid of honor, mother, father, sister, or others may be willing to toss in extra for the event
- Take any other considerations into mind: hosting a party at home, discounts, DIY options, etc.
- You should now have a realistic “bachelorette party budget” and three different party costs – high, low and must-have
Hopefully by taking these budgetary measures, you will be able to identify a cost for your party that will be fun and keep everyone happy. In our years of event planning and bachelorette planning, we’ve consistently found that women have VERY different ideas in regards to an “acceptable budget” for a bachelorette party. Read our article on Bachelorette Party Pitfalls – Expecting the Unexpected!
Other helpful hints for budgeting your bachelorette party
- Use Eventbrite to help you organize your event and collect money from your guests
- Party Calculator from PartyPop.com — it is not fancy looking, but it is comprehensive
- Dozens of bachelorette party items ON SALE from bachelorette.com